Delete ALL OrderTrac data & start fresh
If you want to remove all current data from OrderTrac and start with a blank slate, just like it was when you first downloaded OrderTrac, then follow these steps:
Warning! ALL DATA (preferences, customers, invoices, items, vendors, EVERYTHING!) will be deleted FOREVER!
1. Open the database administration tool from the following location: Start > All Programs > PostgreSQL 9.3 > pgAdminIII
2. Double click ‘PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost:5432)’ to open the database server.
3. If you are prompted to enter a database password, enter ordertracsql
3. Click the ‘+’ by ‘Databases’
4. You should see at least 2 databases: ordertrac and postgres
5. Click ‘postgres’
6. Click the Tools menu at the top and select ‘Query Tool’ (Magnifying glass with SQL)
7. Enter the following: SELECT pg_terminate_backend(pg_stat_activity.pid) FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE pg_stat_activity.datname ='ordertrac' AND pid <> pg_backend_pid(); 8. Click the Execute Query button (Green triangle on the toolbar) 9. Close the Query Tool 10. Now right click 'ordertrac' under 'Databases'. (#1 in image below) 11. Click 'Delete/Drop...' (#2 in image below) 12. Click Yes
Ordertrac Database has now been deleted. The next time you open OrderTrac, all data will be deleted!