PostgreSQL Manual Install Guide
PostgreSQL Manual install guide
Uninstall preexisting instance of PostgreSQL (if applicable)
- Go to control panel > uninstall program and uninstall PostgreSQL 9.3
- Click ‘YES’ when asked if you want to uninstall all modules
- PostgreSQL will start uninstalling
- You may see an error ‘The directory C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data) has not been removed.’. Click OK.
- Uninstallation should be complete. Click ‘Yes’ if asked to restart computer to complete uninstall.
- If you saw the step 4 error, delete the folder ‘C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL’
- Go to documents/ordertrac and double click PostgreSetup.exe. If this file is not found, download 32bit version here, 64bit version here.
- Click ‘RUN’ to begin install
- Click ‘YES’ if asked to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
- Click ‘Next’ to begin setup
- Click ‘Next’ to accept the default installation directory
- Click ‘Next’ to accept the default data directory (NOTE: if you get an error towards the end of installation, repeat these steps but set the data directory to ‘C:/PostgreSQL’. Verify the current user has FULL edit permissions for the folder you choose!)
- If notified that existing data directory found, view step 4 in the uninstallation instructions above to remove that directory.
- Enter the master user default password ‘ordertracsql’ and click ‘Next’
- Enter port ‘5432’ and click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Next’ to accept advanced settings (default locale selected)
- Click ‘Next’ to begin.
- Once installation is complete, uncheck ‘launch stack builder’ and click ‘finish’
- Open OrderTrac and allow OrderTrac to finish the database creation